By Todd Blackhurst
游泳池 – These are the Chinese characters for swimming pool. You can copy and paste them into google maps and search near your location for a pool. Here is a list of most of the public pools in Taichung as well as some things you might not know if you are new to Taiwan/Taichung.
- Everyone is expected to shower before swimming.
- Everyone is expected to wear a swimming cap (these can be purchased at the pool or across the street from almost every pool there will be a small store that sells all types of swimming gear including caps and discount entrance tickets to the pools. Purchase your tickets here once you have selected a pool and save some money)
- Most Taiwanese swim for exercise and so their pools are set up for lap swimming, not for play. However, if you want to take your children to play, there are a few pools that have areas designated for this or you can usually find a place to engage in some playtime with your kids. Just realize it’s not the norm.
- Some pools have a special slide or equipment for fun, however it’s usually not open during the week, mostly on weekends when families can come to enjoy the pool.
- Many pools also have some type of spa pools with different temperatures. In addition, some sprays that you can use to massage your body.
- Also, some pools will have a workout room. These vary in quality, but with a membership, you can also use this facility.
- For the locations which have websites, there is a clickable link.
- 新雙溪游泳池 – DaAn District near the ocean. MAP
- 人人伊藤萬游泳池(國美) – Beitun District MAP
- 人人伊藤萬游泳池(大雅) – Daya District MAP
- 寶成活水健康生活館 – Shalu District MAP
- 精英游泳池 – ShengGang District MAP
- 艾迪雅溫水游泳池 – Daya District MAP
- 沈老師溫水游泳池 – Tanzi District MAP
- 豐源溫水游泳池 – Fengyuan MAP
- **帝亞溫水游泳池 – Fengyuan MAP
- **來賓溫水游泳池 -In between Tanzi and Fengyuan MAP
- 來來溫水游泳池 – Dali District MAP
- 假期溫水游泳池(假期泳健中心) – Xitun District MAP
- **太平洋商行 – Taiping District MAP
- 太平區游泳池 – Taiping District MAP
- 文山室內溫水游泳池 – Nantun District MAP
- 洋洋室內游泳池 – Taiping District MAP
- 中科水世界 – Xitun District near DongHai University MAP
- 假期游泳池 – Xitun District near Wenxin & Harbor Road MAP (this location offers SCUBA classes in both English & Chinese)
- 富美水療養生館(富泳游泳池) – Beitun District MAP
- 水舞生活會館 – Nantun District MAP
- 美誼游泳池 – This is the old American Veteran’s Pool – Xi District MAP
- ***双和歡樂世界（東興店) – Nan District MAP
- 黃金水岸湯泉養生會館 – Dong District MAP
- 烏日區游泳池 – Wuri District MAP
- 新社區游泳池 – Xinshe District MAP
- 大甲區游泳池 – Dajia District MAP
- 梧棲區游泳池 – Wuqi District MAP
6 thoughts on “Swimming Pools in Taichung / How to Escape the Heat”
We just arrived and will live in Dajia District. Do you know where the closest gym or fitness center is?
Hey Stephen, great to hear from you, can you send me your address in Chinese or a picture of your address plate on your door and I’ll find some options close to you. Happy to help however I can. Please feel free to use my LINE ID to send this information: toddblackhurst
Are there any heated lap pools in Taichung?
It depends on what you mean by heated? Many of the pools at these locations are indoor pools and are open year round, but the temp might be a little lower than what you are used to in your home country. However, people do swim year round here.
Ok sounds like theyre mostly not heated.
Btw, i will be arriving in Taichung in January. Is it safe to ride a motorbike this time of year or do there tend to be more road accidents due to the wet weather?
Also, any recommendations on places to rent a motorbike or car?