By Todd Blackhurst
Don’t buy a printer in Taiwan! 7-11 is your mobile office and I’m going to show you the easy way to make use of their great service.
Here’s the easy way to print almost anything at 7-11. Anyone can do it.
1. From your phone or computer, choose any document or photo. In my experience, for documents, PDF files print better than using native format files. So whenever possible, export your document to a PDF file and then send it to the icon system. You will have a better result no matter if you are printing color or black and white. As well, you won’t run into formatting issues.
2. E-mail the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org It doesn’t matter what e-mail you send the document from. But you must have access to the e-mail in order to receive the code you will need in order to print the document. As well, your file must be 10MB or less in order to send it to the ibon system. If it’s larger than this, then you will need to put it on a flash drive and physically take it to the ibon machine in order to print it.
3. Usually, within a couple of minutes or less you will receive an e-mail with your both a numeric code and a QR code which are good for 72 hours. This means your document is stored in the ibon system for 72 hours from the time you send it.
4. Go to ANY 7-Eleven and enter the code into the iBon machine. There are several steps required to get the document to print, but you can almost always ask the attendant to help you. The easiest way to get help is to show the clerk the e-mail you received on your phone. That will help them know you have something you want to print. If you watch them carefully, you can memorize the steps and then do it yourself the next time you need to print something.
5. The ibon printer is able to print single or double sided, standard or thick paper, color or black and white and up to 10 copies at a time. If you need more than 10 copies. It’s better to print one copy and then have the clerk help you to print the number you need. It’s like having a personal printer all over the island.
If you need a super large number of copies, it definitely makes sense to take your file or the copy to a print shop, but if you just need one copy or a few copies made, then 7-11 is definitely a convenient and easy place to get this done quickly and on the go.